Sunday, December 12, 2010

Habenero beef, basil and blue cheese burgers



These were my first homemade burger patties. It's easier and less gross than you would expect. I did a little improvisation with the ingredients to make the burgers more exciting.

I simply put all the ingredients in a bowl: a pack of fresh mince (I used lean and it worked fine); a chopped habenero; half a chopped onion, two stalks of spring onion chopped and an egg. I mixed it together using a spoon, added a big dash of soya sauce (instead of salt to make it taste more meaty). Then I turned the mixture out onto a glass chopping board and added breadcrumbs as I kneaded it to the right texture.

The "right texture" means that the mince sticks together and can survive being flipped once or twice in the pan.
I fried the patties for about 5 minutes on each side.


In the mean time I cut up some chunks of blue cheese for the rolls (in this case, a chopped up baguette). And I started frying some baby tomatoes in balsamic vinegar, olive oil and garlic.

I served it with fresh basil and asian baby leaf salad in the burger and the tomatoes on the side. Yummmm!




No comments:

Post a Comment